Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Kangaroo Steaks with Sweet Potato Mash and Red Capsicum Relish

Ok, is everyone getting sick of my Geoff Lindsay / Chow Down / Pearl obsession yet? I hope not, because here's another goodie I made on the weekend from the Chow Down book.
This one was a very easy one, which required very little effort, but the flavours were interesting and compliment each other beautifully!

Roast a Sweet Potato in it's skin for an hour. This is essentially your mash. When it's soft inside, cut it open (careful, it's hot!!) and scrape out the sweet goodness and place into a bowl, mix in some butter and salt. There you've got your mash. Keep this warm until needed.


You'll need to make a Red Capsicum Relish. This is almost identical to the Red Piperade I made a couple of weeks ago for my Ezard Challenge. The only difference is that this one has Raisins mixed in it.


All you need to do now is cook up some kangaroo steaks on a griddle pan. You only need to cook them for about a minute each side, because they are best kept rare, due to their low fat content.



Oh, and you'll need some Snow Peas. I couldn't get any, so I used Sugar Snaps. Plate up your prepared ingredients and you have a great dish, which is sweet and sour (from the vinegar in the relish) and completely delicious!!


No comments: