Monday, July 02, 2007

Carrot Soup

While I'm going on the soup vibe, here is another super easy soup to keep you warm this winter. Personally, I thought with the addition of Orange Juice to the recipe, the soup would taste more like a juice. The orange works beautifully though, it adds a bit of acidity to the slightly sweet carrot. Give it a whirl!

Ingredients:

500g Carrots, peeled and chopped
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Brown Onion
Juice from half an orange
1 Litre Chicken Stock
200g Sour Cream / Creme Freiche
Salt, Pepper to season
Parsley to Garnish

Method:

Sweat your onion and garlic until soft, without colouring
Add the carrot and saute for a few minutes
Add the stock and simmer the carrots for about 10 - 15 mins, until soft
Blitz the soup in a blender or Bamix
Stir in the Orange Juice and sour cream until dissolved.
Season to taste.
Told you it was easy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm... i may try to make this tomorrow!

Adski said...

The orange juice really gives it a whole new spin. I didnt think it would work, but apparently it's a classic. Shows you what I know! At least my taste buds knew it tasted good!

Jayne said...

It looks a bit too orange for my liking, but I would probably be game enough to try it..

I've always had carrot + orange juice but not carrot soup + orange juice though... wonder if it'll taste much different?

Btw, thanks for linking us at Makan Makan Melbourne!
We're back up and operational XD

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,
I am currently a Yr11 student at Eggar's School and I am in the middle of my ICT coursework. I would like to use one of your images in my coursework. The recipe of "Carrot Soup" and may I say it tastes amazing. I would like to use this in my GCSE DiDA Coursework which is purely educational and has no commerical intentions! If you could please reply, within your convienience, in reference to whether i can use your image or not.
Lizzie Harvey

Eggar's School
London Road, Holybourne, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 4EQ
Tel: +44 (0)1420 541194

Adski said...

Hey Lizzie,
Go for it! Thanks for asking!
Let me know if I get an A+ or an F.
If you get an F, I'll come and sort your teachers out for you. :)
Best of luck.
Adski