What to do with leftover Fennel? Frittata of course! This is a really tasty recipe I came up with the other night when struggling to put something together with what I had left in the house and trying to avoid needing to go to the supermarket. This is a great dinner or lunch for one. If you want to make it more substantial, you might want to consider adding some cooked, sliced potatoes to the mix. It was kind of influenced by Fifteen, after I visited there for lunch, although
1/2 Red Onion, thickly sliced
4 Free Range Eggs
1/4 Cup of Cream
Half a Bulb of Fennel, finely sliced
1 Clove of chopped Garlic
Handful of Grated Parmesan
Some good Balsamic to drizzle
Fennel tops to garnish
Sea salt and Fresh ground pepper
- Beat your eggs, cream, pinch of salt and pepper until well beaten and pale yellow.
- Cook your onion slowly in a small oven proof frying pan until almost soft.
- When almost soft add your sliced Fennel bulb and chopped garlic.
- Pour your egg mix into the pan and slowly cook for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a preheated oven (180c) and cook for a couple of minutes until the eggs are just set.
- Take your pan out and grate Parmesan over the top. Quickly grill until the Parmesan is melted
- Slide your Frittata carefully out of the pan onto a plate, drizzle some Balsamic Vinegar and sprinkle some chopped Fennel Tops. Delicious!