I came up with this dish after cooking Ezard's Cheddar Encrusted Blue Eye and thought I'd give it a try with some different vegies. I had no idea how to cook Radicchio, so I got a little cooking method out of The Cook's Book.
This dish is pretty easy to put together, but you'll have to have three different pans on the go at once and you'll need to use your Stove Top, Grill and Oven. Tricky!!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
2 Blue-Eye Fillets
1 Potato, Thinly Sliced and Parboiled
1 Parsnip, Thinly Sliced and Parboiled
1 Small Head of Radicchio, washed and leaves separated.
2 Tblspn Ghee or Clarified Butter
1 Tblspn Butter
Salt, Pepper and Olive Oil
- Blanch your Radicchio in boiling water and then refresh in iced water. Season your Radicchio and place in a oven proof fry pan with some butter. Grate some Parmesan on top of the Radicchio. Place on the bottom shelf of your preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Once this is in the oven, start to fry your potatoes and parsnip rounds in a fry pan with the melted Ghee and turn over when golden. Cook until golden on both sides and the place on kitchen paper.
- Season your fish on both sides, then in a oven proof fry pan, fry your fish in some olive oil, skin side down until nicely golden. Flip the fish over and then place in a preheated oven (180c) until just cooked - about 5 minutes or so, depending on the size of your fillet. You should try to time your fish to come out of the oven at the same time as your Radicchio.
- When you fish is cooked, quickly grate some Parmesan onto the skin side and place under a grill, preheated to the hottest temperature. Grill until golden.
- Plate up your potatoes and parsnip first, alternating with one of each, in a circle. Place the Radicchio on top and then your fish. Garnish with some Parsley and drizzle the plate with some Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.